The Taylor House Music and Art Series is accepting applications from musicians for our 2012 classical music series. Check the dates on the front page of Music and Art. We generally do 2 concerts a month on Fridays.
In case youíre not familiar with the venue, this is a series of house concerts in an 1853 Victorian home near the Pond in Jamaica Plain. Our music room seats about 50, has a fine 7í Yamaha grand, a Flemish single manual harpsichord by Peter Sykes with two 8-foot registers, and a rather bright acoustic. We are looking for musicians who can temper their instruments and programs to the intimacy of this space. In addition to the music, art by a local artist is featured in a three-room display, and a reception follows each program.
|We intend to explore the richness of the Boston music world, and do not feature many repeat performers. We also seek a balance between vocal and choral programs, chamber music, early music, and various instruments to lend our roster maximum variety.|
We do some promotion by sending notices to our
extensive e-mail list, and placing notices in publications such as the JP
Gazette, the Boston Phoenix, and the Globe Calendar, as well as the WGBH web
site and in some early music publications if relevant. However, musicians
are also expected to participate in the promotion. There is a suggested
admission fee of $10 at the door.
In addition, you may sell your CDs at the concert.
If you have any questions, contact Daryl Bichel at 617.312.8328 or firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply please submit the following to
50 Burroughs St
Jamaica Plain MA 02130:
1. The names of those who will be performing, along with the name of the group if itís
an established entity.
2. Information about your program, such as titles of pieces, names of composers, or a theme
you have in mind. The program should be 50 minutes in length, without an intermission.
3. A sound clip or CD if Daryl hasn't heard you perform before.
4. Four performance dates selected from the list below, in your order of preference.
5. A plan describing how you will promote your concert.
6. A photograph and a brief biographical sketch for our use in publicity
(submit electronically to email@example.com).